MBW001 - Music Business Workshop
Total Hours: 3 / 1 day
There are many careers paths an individual can pursue in the music industry. This class will give students an overview of various careers paths and ways artists, producers, songwriters, and recording engineers make a living in the music industry. The class will discuss revenue streams in production, publishing, management, being an artist, shopping a deal and owning a label. Other topics covered will be engineering, mixing, commercial and home studios.
Some of the Topics covered:
- Production points (royalties) vs. advances
- Publishing deals vs. admin deals
- Managers job description and compensation
- Indie label formation and operation vs. major label deal path for an artist
- Commercial recording studio operation vs. home studio for recording engineers
All classes and workshops enrollment will be limited to 7 students or less.